what is a stainless steel ball valve?
- Categories: FAQ
- Time of issue: 2019-11-12 14:59:48
- Views: 2
Description:The ball valve and the plug valve(cock valve) are the same type valve, only the closing member of which is a ball, and the ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close a valve.
Stainless steel ball valves just need operation of rotating 90 degrees of and a small turning torque to close tight. The fully equal valve body cavity provide the medium a straight-through flow path with a small obstruction. The main features of the ball valve are its compact structure, easy to operate and maintain. The stainless steel ball valve can be used to control the flow of various types of fluids such as air, water, steam, various corrosive media, mud, oil, liquid metal and radioactive media. The ball valve body may be integral or combined. This type of valve should generally be installed horizontally in the pipeline. Stainless steel ball valve can be divided into stainless steel pneumatic ball valve, stainless steel electric ball valve, stainless steel manual ball valve. Material of Stainless steel ball valve include SS304, SS316 and SS321.
Stainless steel ball valve Working principle:The ball valve works by rotating the valve plug to make the valve unblocked or occluded. The ball valve switch is light in weight, small in size, can be made into a large diameter, reliable in sealing, simple in structure, convenient in maintenance, and the sealing surface and the spherical surface are often closed, and is not easily eroded by the medium, and is widely used in various industries.
The ball valve and the plug valve(cock valve) are the same type valve, only the closing member of which is a ball, and the ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close a valve.
The ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium. Ball valves are a new type of valve that is widely used.
Advantages of stainless steel ball valve:1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe length of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size and light weight.
3. Tight and reliable, the sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used in plastic and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4. It is easy to operate, and it can be opened and closed quickly. It can be rotated by 90° from full opening to full closing, which is convenient for long-distance control.
5. Easy maintenance, the ball valve has a simple structure, the sealing ring is generally active, and it is convenient to disassemble and replace.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the seat is isolated from the medium, and the medium does not cause erosion of the sealing surface of the valve.
7. Wide range of applications, from small to a few millimeters, up to a few meters, from high vacuum to high pressure.
Ball valves have been widely used in petroleum, chemical, power generation, paper, atomic energy, aviation, rocket and other departments, as well as people's daily lives.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone