How to install a stainless steel ball valve ?
- Categories: FAQ
- Time of issue: 2019-11-12 15:04:26
- Views: 3
Description:The pipeline before and after the ball valve is ready. The front and rear pipes should be coaxial and the two flange sealing surfaces should be parallel. The pipe should be able to withstand the weight of the ball valve, otherwise the pipe must be equipped with appropriate support.
1.1 Preparation before installation
(1) The pipeline before and after the ball valve is ready. The front and rear pipes should be coaxial and the two flange sealing surfaces should be parallel. The pipe should be able to withstand the weight of the ball valve, otherwise the pipe must be equipped with appropriate support.
(2) Purge the front and rear lines of the valve to remove oil, welding slag and all other impurities from the pipe.
(3) Check the sign of the ball valve and find out that if the ball valve is intact. The valve was fully opened and closed several times to confirm that it was working properly.
(4) Remove the protective parts on the connecting flanges at both ends of the ball valve.
(5) Check the valve hole to remove any dirt that may be present, and then clean the valve hole. Even small particles of foreign matter between the seat and the ball may damage the seat sealing surface.
1.2 Installation steel ball valve
(1) Install the valve on the pipeline. Any end of the valve can be mounted on the upstream end. Valves driven by the handle can be mounted anywhere on the pipe. However, ball valves with gearboxes or pneumatic drives should be installed upright, that is to install on horizontal pipes, with the drive above the pipe.
(2) A gasket is installed between the valve flange and the pipeline flange according to the piping design requirements.
(3) The bolts on the flange should be tightened symmetrically, successively and evenly.
(4) Connect the pneumatic line (when using a pneumatic drive).
1.3 Post-installation inspection(1) Operate the drive to open and close the ball valve several times. It should be flexible and free of stagnation, and it is confirmed that it is working normally.
(2) Check the sealing performance of the flange joint between the pipe and the ball valve according to the pipeline design requirements.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone